Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Friday, May 01, 2009

My Business School Kicks Wharton's Butt!!!!!!

Thus Spake Daniel Gross, Newsweek's Financial columnist! He really said it.

Yes, I really did graduate from the University of Wisconsin School of Business, with a Master of Science Degree. I thought, and still think I am far to cool to be just another MBA. I was even designated as one of ten "Graduate Honor Students", which in the business schools of the early 1980s is like being honored as the tallest Munchkin on the block.

Here's Gross's assessment:

"Madison struck me as blessedly detached from the ailing financial sector. Of course, Wisconsin is suffering along with the rest of the nation. Its unemployment rate in March was 8.5 percent. But Madison, with its three-legged economic stool of education, state government, and health care, is faring somewhat better. More significantly, the business school isn't having a dark night of the soul, as so many of its Eastern counterparts are."

The difference is that this school always stayed the course of supporting Wisconsin's business. They never lost the university - wide vision that we call The Wisconsin Idea. The Wisconsin Idea is embraced by the University of Wisconsin System. The Idea dates back to Charles Van Hise, who stated that the boundaries of the university should be the boundaries of the state, and that research conducted at the University of Wisconsin System should be applied to solve problems and improve health, quality of life, the environment and agriculture for all citizens of the state. It's a far nobler fate than training futures traders for Lehman Brothers, IMHO.

Let those posh whinging Wharton losers keep crying in their mumsys' and daddykins' laps. We are back to a place and time where right thinking and right action produces right results.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!