Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Geography of Carbon

I found this great map in a Washington Post Blog. It's about carbon emissions and global warming.


This is a very cool use of mapping techniques.

The top map scales countries based on their current carbon emission levels. The bigger the country on the top map,the more carbon they are emitting.

The second map sizes countries in proportion to expected deaths related to climate change. It's interesting that the highest emitters are projected to have to live with the least impact. Like normal Africa gets screwed. Big Surprise there.

I have no idea how the authors came up with their projection, so you should take this with a grain of salt. But I totally approve of their cool mapping techniques.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!