Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Friday, May 22, 2009

Beware He Who Sobs Loudest

The New York Times Sunday Magazine had an article by one of their financial reporters who personally fell under the wheel of reckless mortgages. It's a long but good read.

The author is trying to convince us that his problems are typical, so he can rightfully cry, "boohoo, I'm a victim, although I was allowed to live beyond my means for years. BTW, now I wrote a book."

The Atlantic Magazine's blog decided to dig a little deeper (remember that quaint line of work we used to call journalism?). Well, it turns out his wife (whom he admits likes to shop at Saks) has a history of serial bankruptcy that dates well before this financial crisis. This is not a typical case. His problems were not caused by current conditions. The preponderance of evidence suggests this is a case of life long financial incontinence.

By conflating his family's silver spooned personal irresponsibility with the struggles of millions of working Americans who truly did get screwed by the Financial Establishment, this disingenuous media whore is doing a great disservice. I hope he enjoys the future bankruptcies his wife will certainly drag him into, regardless of any money his book generates.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!