Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Friday, May 15, 2009

Be Scared, Be Very Scared

First, President Obama brings back military tribunals, then this:

leon trotsky totally looks like colonel sanders
see more Celeb Look-A-Likes
This scares the living daylights out of me.

And if that's not scary enough, I had a telephone interview with headhunter this morning.I suspect nothing material Will come of this, since I don't think she has anything clients that need me. She was "just fishing", which is fine. Events like this make it harder for me to consistently avoid thinking about "What The Heck Am I Doing With My Life?". I left my last period of full time employment with the hope that I would do something cool and rewarding. That really hasn't happened,I catch myself killing some time during the weekdays.

However, in addition to working out several times each week, I spend more time doing things musical and I spend a few hours a week getting a leisurely paced self - education in Abstract Algebra. That is a strange and difficult subject which I don't understand well enough to even define what the subject is about in plain English. That's where the "Abstract"comes in. I skip all the harder problems, so the knowledge I'm getting is pretty sketchy. I can now pretty simply prove to High School students that there is no "largest" prime number. Talk about getting your geek on!

This is probably not a bad time for supportable semi-loafing, since everything in this economy feels like it wants to go from bad to worse. This region is pretty likely too see large layoffs in State Government, which will lead to more foreclosures and so on and so forth, blah, blah,blah. It won't take too many more empty store fronts and "For Sale" signs for Sacramento to start feeling like New Detroit. On the positive side, my lifestyle is becoming more popular, as more folks are introduced to the charms of bottom feeding slackerhood. I have been seeing more people than usual on the American River Bike Trail on weekday morning rides. Maybe, if people can figure out how to get along with out that shiny new big screen TV and IPhone, this mess we're in will produce a happiness dividend.

OMG, GLOBAL WARMING!

Some of my grumpiness might be related to the weather. We are at the start of our first heat blast of the year, expecting temperatures topping out a little above 100 degrees F Sunday and Monday. Average temperatures for this time of year are in the low 80's, so this is a bummer. Nothing produces lassitude like triple-digit temperatures. thankfully, the forecast is still predicting cool nights. This is one way to test the air conditioning. Hopefully temperatures will work their way back to normal for the rest of May.

Since I can't think of anything else to complain about,

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!