Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 23, 2009

UPSP WTF?


This is not a test. I repeat,this is not a test. The U S Postal service has issued a series of first class stamps featuring The Simpsons. Note the 44 cent cost to come into play when first class postage increases this May.

But, hey don't worry about any rate increases, 'cause you can vote for your favorite Simpson, right on the post office website!

I really don't know exactly what to say about this. As a kid, I occasionally looked at my dad's stamp collection and I even collected a few stamps myself. I thought one of the reasons people collect postage stamps is that stamps tell us something about the nations that produce them. 'Nuff said.

I voted for Lisa as my favorite Simpson. And those latte-drinking beret-wearing meditating say that American Democracy is dead. I say,"Give me the right to vote for Lisa Simpson on a postage stamp, or give me death by modified mortgage".

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!