Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

A Rare Example of Utah Humor or A Microsoft Evil Plot?

This is too good not to post. . .

I quote from the Associated Press:

"PROVO, Utah (AP) -- Thousands of issues of Brigham Young University's student newspaper were pulled from newsstands because a front-page photo caption misidentified leaders of the Mormon church as apostates instead of apostles.

An apostate is a person who has abandoned religious faith, principles or a cause.

The photo in The Daily Universe on Monday was of members of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, a governing body of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, at the weekend general conference."

Conspiracy or Coincidence or a rare example of LDS humor? You be the judge!

The paper's editor claims this was the result of a student editor absentmindedly accepting yet another stupid spelling change from Word's spellcheck function.

A BYU spokesperson said, "The typo was an honest mistake." Perhaps,I say.

Perhaps it just isn't that simple. Perhaps this is the first evidence we've seen of Satan's (Jesus's jealous younger brother, or maybe not) ungodly influence over Microsoft. Perhaps the Prince of Darkness meant to keep his control of the Evil Empire under cover for a few more years, but couldn't resist the opportunity to pound an extra nail into the cross, sort of a warm-up for Good Friday.

We must remain vigilant here. This is not the first time we have seen the Devil infiltrate Christians' computers. Remember Jimmy and Tammy Baker and their satanically infiltrated PTL Club computer? I am sure this will not be the last time, either.

Bill gates is a Satan-worshipping-godless-communist. Here's even more evidence.


"I always presumed evil would take a fairer form." J.R.R. Tolkein (Frodo Baggins)

Pesach Yomtov, and Don't forget to splash that cleansing lamb's blood on your door tonight. (However, I've found that vinegar works better for wine and beer stains)

That' s my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!