Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Telemarketing Counter-terrorism

I tried a new approach with a telemarketing call yesterday. It worked pretty well.

What follows is the actual transcript of the call,which took about 30 seconds and made me laugh. I felt like Bob Newhart doing one of his telephone stand up routines. But seriously, I thought I was being rational.

Phone Rings:

Me: Hello.

Telemarketer: Hello, is Steve here?(with boiler room noise in background)

Me: Yes,to whom am I speaking?

Jeff: Jeff.

Me: Do I know you?

Jeff: No.

Me: Why should I talk to you?

Jeff: I don't know.

Me: I don't know either, bye bye.

I swear this is exactly what we said. I expected him to at least respond that he could give me a better interest rate or something or other. Strange.

I guess Jeff didn't have a script for my response.That saved me the rudeness of hanging up in the middle of a droning script, and gave me a chuckle as well. I think K had a laugh,too.

You can read more about this in the Simple Living Network Discussion Boards. Note, registration is required.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!