Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Friday, April 10, 2009

Machinima!

This relatively new animation tech-driven trend has come to the point where even I head about it.

In machinima, animators use Internet game environments as their studio. Apparently,this is a hobby for some professional animation folks in Southern California. This art form will probably always operate under the commercial radar, since ownership of the artwork would be subject to thorny legal issues that would arise with the game owners. This means machinima will probably remain a realm of artistic expression a little less perverted by corporate culture.

Kyle and Rosemary is a charming machinima about two high school kids who find themselves on the border where geek meets goth, and reality meets "videality". IMHO, this was worth the seven minutes to takes to watch. My favorite line was, "You want me to bring you a flaming skull in real life?"


Find more videos like this on Channel Frederator RAW


The teenage characters were just too darned sweet, but beyond that I thoroughly enjoyed this. That saccharin aftertaste is almost impossible to avoid when teenage dramas are created by a supposed hipster over age 35. We are all guilty of these sins, so I got over it.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!