Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Friday, April 03, 2009

Bluebird's and Redbuds

I haven't been feeling great the last couple of days, so I decided to take a walk in the local nature preserve. I found the cure.

I saw the first bluebird of the season, perched on a stop sign by the entrance to the preserve's parking lot. Even the staff hadn't seen any bluebirds this year. Fortunately, I had photographic evidence so they didn't think I was a nut.





Not the clearest pictures. As I started shooting and zooming the lense from the car, the bird turned around and started to take off. Even with the blur, and the bird flying head down, the bluebird colors are unmistakable.

In an effort to stay on the color scheme, the redbuds are blooming. The Western Redbud is native to Local riparian forests.


May the Blubird of Happyness visit you as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!