Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Handmaids and Crosswords

Another Sunday, another crossword puzzle done. One of the gains I have made for being so sick is in crossword solving ability. The dork lord’s power remains. I don’t want to start Sunday going until I finish the NY Times crosswords. This works out, since Kathleen’s choir sings on Sunday AM. Dork to the power of 2?

I survived a dinner with my in-law’s in-laws (in-laws squared?). I actually had a pretty good time, and driving home in the fog was a fun small adventure, especially with my petrified mother-in-law in the passenger seat. Lately it’s been foggy except from about 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM.

I just finished “The Handmaid’s Tale”. It is an excellent book, but closer to our reality than I am comfortable with, and a great story line as well. BTW, Atwood kicks my but when it comes to sentence structure. A short excerpt from Chapter 28: “. . . They blamed it on the Islamic Fanatics. Keep calm, they said on television. Everything is under control. . . . That was when they suspended the Constitution; they said it would be temporary.”

This was written in 1986. I know it is said life imitates art, but why does life have to imitate dystopic science fiction? Ouch.

BTW - I liked this blog about living in Iraq: http://healingiraq.blogspot.com/


That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!