Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Monday, December 27, 2004

Christmas & Cancer Therapy ain't all it's Cracked up to Be

I survived Christmas. With the exception of a few extra pounds, no permanent harm was done. Lots of in-laws came to Sacramento, no fights, and tons of good food. My turkey received rave reviews. I have really enjoyed this season, since I am finally able to enjoy food again. Maybe I enjoyed a little too much. I even ate salad and some popcorn without negative consequences! This was a modest present Christmas, with mostly presents for the kids. I wish it could always be this way. However, I got one of those high-tech corkscrews that lifts a cork in about 5 seconds, including cutting the foil on the bottle.

On other fronts, my dad in Madison had to have open heart surgery on the 24th. He was released from the ICU today. The surgery was done to remove some tissues near the heart which were damaged from cancer radiation therapy several years ago. The radiation caused some tissues to harden and impair the heart's function. The moral of the story: Cancer therapy ain't all it's cracked up to be.

I saw (against my will) the TV musical remake of A Christmas Carol, starring Kelsey Grammar. Thumbs down, one and a half stars. The next night caught about an hour of The Sound of Music. Still gets two thumbs up and 4 stars in my book.

Well I have spent almost all the time since my last posting with relatives. In compliance with my self-imposed no dissing anyone who might read this blog rule, that's all I have to report for now.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!