Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Wisconsin - Why Can't Something Special Ever Be From Anywhere Else?

Wisconsin had a strong day in its continuing efforts to be a pretty strange place.

First, we have the 4th Annual World Champion Cabbage Chuck in Shiocton, WI. Throwing kraut isn't that weird. Heck, I once threw a buffalo chip in a contest for Omaha's River City Roundup (I didn't do very well). BTW, best not to confuse this Omaha event with Sacramento's own River City Roundup, which appears to be a gathering of gay AA members. You do need to be careful, since both events probably feature a lot of young guys wearing chaps.

Anyway,what I think Kraut Wrestling definitely qualifies as Something Special from Shiocton.

If kraut wrestling isn't enough, pedestrians around Stevens Point need to keep an eye out for the the dreaded blow dart sniper. After all, how can we defend the homeland from terrorists who boldly admit they "like to hear people say ouch". If you say "ouch" the terrorists have already won.

I can't prove it, but it seems like Wisconsin produces more than its share of "get-a-load-of-this" news items.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!