Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Band is "Still Blowing Strong", Reports Local papers

The Sacramento Concert band's 40th Anniversary concert made the news!

Susan Skinner, a local big band torch singer, published biographer of Princess Diana, New Zealand native, and band booster through and through wrote what I can honestly describe as a positively sparkling article about our concert. You can see it in the Carmichael Times under the headline, "Still Blowing Strong".

Trust me that this short article is worth reading. I'll give you just two sentences so you can savor its irresistible appeal;

"The birthday program rang the changes precisely as percussion
bells. Director Grant Parker’s baton swung seamlessly from Bach to Copeland."

I hope Bach and Copeland didn't sustain any permanent head injuries.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!