Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Sunday, May 30, 2010

More Dalhi Lama Jokes

I'm sure almost everyone has heard the standard Dalhi Lama and the New York hotdog cart guy joke.

Dalhi Lama (DL): "Make me one with everything"

DL: Hey, where's my change?

Hotdog vendor: Change comes from within.

Thanks to a recent surreal oped in the New York Times, we can let that tired old joke retire.

John Kenney's op ed records a short conversation from a night barhopping with His Holiness. It is absurd and kind if fun.

Some sample dialogue:

“What does a guy have to do to get a beer around here?” he said, more under his breath than to anyone in particular. Then he started laughing. “Patience, right? Let’s live in this moment. It’s just that it would be a better moment if we had beer.” Then he started laughing again. "

Short and strange and I liked it.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!