Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Friday, April 09, 2010

Those Who Don't Do Anything Become Critics

I, the Hangin Guy, have been asked by The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction to write a pre-release review of their next issue. My advance copy should arrive in the mail next week. (Aside to loyal reader Lola; Thats right, I'll have the issue weeks before you get it.)

At this point, I'm not sure what will be in the issue, but since F&SF stole my identity in their December 2009 issue, they deserve whatever I give them.

The review will be published right here in hangininsac, as the dinosaurs who still live in the world of print believe that if anything related to their products flow through enough "channels" connected to the magical interwebs, the Web 2.0 fairy will wave his digital wand and publishing will actually pay forever. It'll be just like those golden days, before the evil usurper, Lord Internet, invaded the Happy Kingdom. Doubtful, but I wish it would work as much as the next guy.

I would like to say that I finally agreed to do this after incessent grovelling and begging from Gordon van Gelder, F&SF's editor. As much as I would like to say that, honesty dictates I tell the truth. I responded to a "request for bloggers" F&SF posted on their Facebook page, and in return received a brisk email, probably written by a student intern during his 10 minute daily escape from the slushpile.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!