Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Monday, April 19, 2010

The Dangers of Spellcheckers, Again

I shrugged off Brigham Young University's Previous spellcheck snafu, thinking that these were college students in white socks writing a daily for the most boring institution of higher education in the universe, between eating mayonnaise sandwiches on white bread and saving the souls of the dead.

Well, I was wrong again. It looks like no one at the Penguin Publishing Group
checks what comes out of automated spell check programs. Looks like someone missed "salt and freshly ground black people" in a cookbook recipe for spelt tagliatelle with sardines and prosciutto.

How could anyone have "spelt" tagliatelle and missed "pepper" in favor of "people"? Are ground black people higher in cholesterol than ground Asians? Only Jeffrey Dahmer's preserved brain knows for sure.

That' s my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!