Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Monday, April 05, 2010

Meet The New Boss

This short piece is too good not to share.

This illustrates a dilemma in Science Fiction, both for readers and writers.

Alas, there hasn't been much new and radical in the SciFi field for a generation.The last new big thing was cyberpunk. Unfortunately, cyberpunk is no longer Science Fiction, since we live that dystopic reality every day.

This video is difficult to explain, so I'll quote the producer:

"A remix of Apple's famous 1984 video ushering in the age of the Macintosh with clips from WWDC and other announcements made by CEO Steve Jobs that draws a parallel between the dystopian computer manufactures of the future Apple promised to prevent and the monopolistic vertically integrated Apple that exists in the present."

Perhaps quoting with decent sentence structure will explain it better, perhaps not.

"A remix of Apple's famous 1984 video ushering in the age of the Macintosh with clips from WWDC and other announcements made by CEO Steve Jobs. This mash up draws a parallel between the dystopian computer manufacturers of the future Apple, in the 1980s, promised to prevent, and the monopolistic vertically integrated Apple that exists in the present."



I have to be fair to Apple here. Apple, along with Microsoft, was successful in tearing down the Evil Empire that was IBM. When I started out in the Insurance Industry in 1983, we were all slaves to IBM. It sucked even worse than Microsoft.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!