Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 01, 2010

The Best April Fools Day Stunt Ever

In 1957, still in its infancy, BBC television pulled off the best April Fools stunt ever, and I mean ever.

This has never been equalled in all these years. The BBC servers are crashing today, probably from people wanting to see this video. Therefore, I bring you an unauthorized copy hosted on Youtube.




The premise underlying all this is that in 1957, the average British citizen viewed Switzerland to be about as remote as anywhere else inthe world. It's amazing what fifty years of trans-European integration have wrought. Now when it's time for 'olidays, British hike in the Italian Apennines, sipping wine with their tripe and bean dinners, while Italians walk in the British Pennines, swilling English beer and gulping down cold porkpies.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!