Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Soviet Cartoons Meet Ray Bradbury

I have always liked the dark and surreal art from the later years of the Soviet Union. This cartoon rendering of Ray Bradbury's There Will Come Soft Rains is a great example. Here you can see enough angst to fill all the buckets in my neighborhood, and more. This cartoon is hideously creepy, but I couldn't stop watching. No one has ever done creepy like the Good Old Evil Empire.



In the 1980s,it was trendy for Soviet cartoon studios to do American Science Fiction short stories. Rhizome, an avant garde blog from New York's New Museum has posted a collection of these cartoons.

Enjoy the cartoon...and sweet dreams.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!