Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Please Ye All and. . .

If this article from a questionable source holds true, we may have seen the first unintended consequence of the recent Federal Health Care Legislation (OK, I agree,it's really just Health Insurance legislation).

The article smugly claims the legislation requires new congress persons and congressional employees find their health insurance through the exchanges, rather than through the Federal Employees program. Too bad for the newbies - the exchanges won't exist for few years.

This appears to be a technical glitch written into the law during the the negotiation and last minute rush (i. e., abandoning common sense principals while pandering to google-eyed gun-totin' flat-earth conservatives).

Of course, congressional staff will be quick to fix this glitch. I am sure there will be other glitches, and we'll see how legislative oopsies that only hurt folks wothout inside the beltway influence get resolved. My advice - don't hold your breath.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!