Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Taking Care of This Place

We had a housepainter and handyman over to see what he can do to get our house’s exterior into shape. We need to repaint, get new gutters and downspouts, and do some roofing work. I want to do it all at once this spring, so it’ll be over and done with for a few years, until it’s time for a major re-roofing job. We haven’t chosen colors, but I think we’ll go with something lighter than the current ranch house red, which is close to Wisconsin barn red.

Our house has become a bit of a mess over the last 5 years. Lots of shake siding needs replacing, and the gutters don’t work.

I am also trying to do some cleanup in the back yard each week this spring and summer. The yard was designed to be an arboreal garden, but has grown to look like a tropical rain forest. I have already trimmed the shrubs in the front. If you turn your back on plants here for two years, you return to a jungle.

I will feel much happier with the house and thinner in the wallet once this is done.

That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!