Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Guess Who's Coming to Lunch

One of our friends, who is an assistant DA focusing on “community prosecution” brought one of her clients long to lunch with us. Her client, a man about age 30, was living on the street and drinking several 40 oz beers daily until about 6 weeks ago. Now with the assistant DA's personal involvement and help, he’s found a place to live and has been sober for 6 weeks. He was pleasant company at lunch, and talked about the best ways to cook chorizo and the permanent job he is setting up with his sister. If I hadn’t been told I wouldn’t have guessed he was drunk and on the streets recently. There is hope. That’s what it looks like.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!