Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Lunch and Surveillance

We are at the end of artichoke season, nothing but the memories are left.


Memories of great lunches like this one. This was from the short overlap of artichoke and local tomato season. The meat is sliced chicken that I grilled the previous Sunday. I try to fire up the charcoal grill once a week, and I try to throw on enough meat to last the week for DMIL, DW and I. The bread is my weekly home made bread, toasted. Now that the high temperatures have hit the upper 80s or worse, bread will come from the store until October.

It was a very good lunch, and it looked so darn pretty.

I took a close look at a pond near the river this morning. This started out as a little frog under the macro lens, but as close up photography tends to do, the image became a weird Jabba-the-Hut experience. His unblinking eye haunts my every moment.


That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!