Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Friday, June 11, 2010

A Beer For Our Times


Okay, really two beers for our times.

Okay, Okay, two 22 ounce high alcohol content beers for our times. Thanks to Lagunitas Brewery, probably the best thing in Petaluma besides the Sofa Kings.

I often end up impulse buying after I fall in love with the label. The actual beers usually vary from a good IPA to browner English style ales. My favorite kind of beer.
Their beers tend to be around 8% alcohol, so I know I've had a beer.

I bought the "Kill Ugly Radio" bottle a few years ago, and I think tonight is its night. I will cherish and display the empty bottle forever, because it is awesome.

The WTF Jobless Recovery Brew gives me something I've needed for a long time; a beer especially for the unemployed.

This turns into the old beer and wine thing. I feel like an anti Californian to say that I like beer better than wine. That's just the way it is. Now that our weather is warming up, beer sounds better and better every day. I have nothing against the wine, it's the snobs. I prefer a good drink without hearing about its virtues, and how it a stacks up against some other wine this other guy and his wife tasted last week in Yountville.

All I can think is, "I am glad you're enjoying this wine we're sharing, I'm glad you enjoyed some wine last week, now shut your pretentious pie hole so we can enjoy this wine today." Really, how hard is that?

The two serious winery owners I know, one with a small operation in Humboldt County and one with a large "high end" place in the Russian River Valley (BTW, take a close look at the picture on the homepage), share any of the wine-snob characteristics. With one exception: whenever they show up, they open a good bottle of wine. That's something I always encourage.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!