Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Another Great Interactive Map

Forbes Online published this great interactive map showing where Americans moved in 2008.

Click on any county and you'll see red lines to counties where your county's movers ended up,and black lines from where your county's new residents started.

Dane County, WI shows a lot of out migration to the coasts and the southeast, and in migration from all over Wisconsin. These local immigrants may be students.

Sacramento, CA shows out migration to the southeast region, some in migration from other West Coast urban areas, and something going on with Minneapolis.

It's worth noticing that in most cases we are looking at pretty small numbers of people. You can click on a county to see its migration with your chosen county. You can see that 24 people moved from Sacramento to Dane County,and 36 moved from Dane County to Sacramento. Probably not enough to call trend.

Although I have no idea what it means, I say this is a very cool interactive map.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!