Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 01, 2009

Schobel Versus American Academy of Actuaries Settles

The Academy published the settlement document on their website. From the transcript of the previous hearings, it was pretty obvious the judge would not reinstate Schobel as president of the Academy, however Hizzoner's repeated descriptions of the Academy Board's behavior as "disgusting" suggested a Schobel was likely to win his suit for damages.

The game is over and the final score is:

Schobel $600,000
Academy of Actuaries $0

And, what are actuaries going to talk about after this? Maybe pension actuaries can start thinking about their shameful derelictiton of duty in the area of public pensions.

That last paragraph, I must state, is not an actuarial opinion, and anyone who sais otherwise is itching for a fight. In all other respects. . .

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!