Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 08, 2009

Le Job Peut-Etre Kill Vous

Dateline Paris:

Mon Dieu!

Post-privatization changes in the previously Government-run and civil service-staffed French Telecom have been connected to a rash of employee suicides, although management kinda-sorta denies it all. The British Telegraph Newspaper reports the story with more than un soupcon de British nose-thumbing at their Garlic-munching neighbors. My favorite quotations:

"In an essay out next week, Eric Maurin, an economist at the School for Advanced Studies in the Social Sciences, says that the French are "paralysed" with fear about losing "stable" jobs. They would rather "cling on to a job where one is unhappy rather than take a less protected post".

The suicide scandal has already impacted France Telecom's business and strategy. It has reportedly put off a plan to change the names of its French brands to Orange due to fears they be mocked as "Orange pressé"."

I guess sometimes The Idler's words are true: work kills.


That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!