Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 16, 2010

My "Better Than Goats Head Soup" Borscht Recipe

Here's my borscht recipe that's almost as weird - looking as Goats Head Soup, but a heck of a lot tastier, and less likely to cause hairballs. By the way, this link is great nutjob website.

This recipe is based on an Austrian recipe. I never liked the Russian and Ukrainian borschts as much as this. I am not a big fan of dill.

Better than Goats Head Soup borscht

Peel and thinly slice:

1 carrot
1 pound raw beets
1 potato

Simmer until tender in

1 quart beef broth.

In a soup pot, saute

1 large onion in

2 Tablespoons olive oil.

Add the broth to the onions (set simmered vegetables aside).

Add

18 ounces chopped raw cabbage
16 ounce can chopped tomatoes and liquid.

Simmer for about an hour.

Add

sauteed vegetables
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar.

Simmer another 1/2 hour.

Eat hot with bread and butter.

This soup might not "lure young people to serve Satan", but heavens it's tasty.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!