Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Kraut of the Nibelung


Today is a good day for borscht, and I promised to bring cole slaw to an event tomorrow. Cabbage is required. No problem, thanks to the Sacramento Farmers Market near my house.

Never willing to settle for the mediocre, I chose the Kraut of the Nibelung. It probably didn't hurt that all cabbages were $1.50, regardless of size. This six-pound bundle of joy worked out to $.25 per pound.

Unfortunately, as with all things of our transient world, the cabbage came to its end.


Always remember the sacrifice made by the Kraut of the Nibelung.

He died for our digestive regularity.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

1 comment:

Tom Kando said...

Steve, I want to reciprocate, and post a comment on your blog. Yes, we may both be shouting into a vacuum.
I read somewhere that, winners never quit, quitters never win, and those who never win and never quit are idiots.
Mmmm....

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!