Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Monday, November 02, 2009

Confucius Was a Price Gouger

My various writing projects have lead me to this unavoidable conclusion:

A picture is worth about 50 words, so any Ancient Chinese Font of Wisdom who tries to tell you it's worth 1,000 words must be trying to rip off tourists or just itching for a fight.

Hey, don't take my word for it, weigh the evidence for yourself.

At the default settings for Microsoft Word on my computer, (12 pt font, normal looking margins of 1.5 inches left and right, 1 inch top and bottom) I got about 530 words per page on average in the first 6 pages of my wrimo novel. Our one page XMAS letter,which has a 3 by 5 inch picture in it, has 479 words.

I have 530 words without a picture, and 479 words with a picture. This allows us to determine that a picture is worth exactly 51 (i. e., 530-479) words. QED.

Now that you know we have proven a picture is worth about 50 words, so dont pay the inflated Chinese tourist price of 1,000 words.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!