Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Happy Belated Veterans Day

This fits with every story I've ever heard.



Ultra-Realistic Modern Warfare Game Features Awaiting Orders, Repairing Trucks

But seriously now, I substituted for a missing clarinetist at a Veterans Day Concert in a Pops band for a Veterans Day concert at Sun City Roseville. Besides the obligatory Stars and Stripes Forever encore,the best part of these concerts is the "Armed Forces Salute" which was written by an Air Force Band director years ago, but is actually a decent piece of music.

We were not even almost as good as these folks. BTW - This is one of life's only chances to hear three piccolos play in tune.



It's been beyond me how having hundreds of professional musicians on the payroll helps win wars. But hey,enjoy it, you already paid for it.

Note to Peace Corps: Get a Service Song already.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!