Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

New London CT Learn Where Put Corporate Interests First

I laughed when I heard the news that Pfizer has decided to pre-emptively abandon its research facility in New London, CT, before the facility was even built. Laughed so hard I thought I'd lose my lunch.

I'm not a bad guy, I don't like any burgh to lose a potential source of jobs. What's funny is that this is the very plant where the City of New London went to the Supreme Court to argue that they could use eminent domain to evict and flatten a fine neighborhood that had no blight issues. The Supreme court held in favor of the city, that if the city could possibly get more tax revenue by having their "jack booted thugs" pull good, hardworking citizens out of their houses, and bulldozing the their well-loved homes, bulldoze the houses, that is just fine and dandy. Assignment: Home ownership in New London,CT and East Jerusalem,compare and contrast, discuss amongst yourselves.

Well, in a whirlwind of poetic justice, The City is stuck with a lot of non-revenue producing land. No jobs, No tax revenue. But, they won their Supreme court case (at great lawyer fes to their taxpayers,including those to be evicted).

What a bunch of dumbasses.

BTW " Noetic Book of the Dead is up to 22,267 words, would be more if i wasn't procrastinating now.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!