Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 04, 2009

Requiem David Carradine

David Carradine was found dead in his hotel room Thailand today, where he was working on a film. I thought I need to write something before any possibly sad or gruesome details of his death leak out.

Why do I care about this guy? Two Words, "Kung Foo". Three words,"Kung Foo, dammit"!

For me David Carradine and "Kung Foo" are inseparable. The show started on the toob when I was an pre-teen and early teenager. What 12 year old boy would be able to resist this?



Just the opening credits had more cool and deep stuff than any hour-long TV show today. Pseudo-philosophy, snatch-the-pebble, throwing stars, fighting with sticks, deflecting spears and cool dragon scars.

"Grasshopper" gave us something that a world dominated by Nixon and carpet bombing just couldn't give us.

All this wrapped up in a western full of bad guys. This was every kid's favorite show. If you were a kd, everybody really was kung fu fighting.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!