Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Monday, December 07, 2009

The Day Microsoft Saved Music , I Guess

Early in 2009 Microsoft released yet another "well designed and Hell inspired" application to improve our lives, Songsmith.

Now, according to Microsoft, everybody is a musician,even if your areas schools don't bother teaching music. No music class,no problem. Just sing in your computer's microphone, and, golly gee, Microsoft does the rest. Seriously, the background music just comes out of this program. It picks the style and everything!

This totally kicks ass,but don't take my word for it. Look how awesome the Ramones would've been if they had songsmith!



It looks like everybody is getting into the act.



From looking at some tech sights, it appears that songsmith bombed pretty bad, and the only uses you can find are these japes where pranksters lift vocals from albums and see what comes out of the digital genius that is Microsoft.

Sorry, I couldn't resist this example.



For years,I tell you, years, I've been thinking that Stairway to Heaven should've been done calypso style. What I can't figure out is why the singing sounds minor key and the added backup sounds major key. WTF is that all about?

It's like Windows Vista, the Musical.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!