Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Clearing The Air

Just to clear the air related to a previous post,

(1)I do not advocate anyone avoiding Mary Youngblood or her music. She is entitled to her opinions. She absolutely is an asset to our community, both the greater Sacramento community and the community of local and national musicians. I was disappointed to see a letter to the Sacramento Bee suggesting that we should not listen to her music. Youngblood's music builds on a tradition that is an important part of our shared American heritage.

(2) Here's the United Nations definition of racial discrimination:

the term "racial discrimination" shall mean any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin which has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life.

Interesting that the U.N. chose to not define racism. The U. N. is smarter than me!

Thanks to Wikipedia for this citation.

I'll play any flute I want to play, and I expect to be fairly recognized for whatever good or bad noises I make. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!