Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Friday, August 21, 2009

A Dyspeptic's Guide to America's Dairyland

Quick note to left-coasters: Calm down. Yes I realize California produces more dairy products than Wisconsin, however, much of Wisconsin's population has a relationship with local food specialties that's pretty comprehensive.

Remembrances of gustatory anomolies from my week visit:

Upon arrival Friday PM, enjoyed a beer at the Union Terrace, along with a Babcock Hall ice cream cone, and a grilled bratwurst. I believe that's known locally as a light snack. BTW, Babcock Hall ice cream is the best ice cream I have ever head. I managed to get the ice cream twice more druing the week. I feel like a pig.

I had pan fried Walleyed pike twice - fried in butter, of course. Fried eggs and salami for breakfast.

Rhubarb pie with dutch crust, I never see rhubarb in California.

Oddly enough, no cheese, except some cream cheese I had with a bagel.

Of course, everything washed down with local brew.

I feel like this guy.


That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!