Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Mr Coffee in the 21st Century

After well over 10 years, I decided it was finally time to replace our old Mr Coffee.

While I was setting up the new and redesigned Mr Coffee, I had both designs right next to each other. The comparison was surprising, and it somehow reinvigorated my faith in the future of humankind.

First have a look at the old Mr Coffee:








Nothing exciting going on here, until I let my eyes go out of focus.




















Here's what I saw when I focused through the heart.







Next,I took a long look at Mr Coffee, The Second Generation:
































Somehow, the parallel was blatantly apparent.

Star Trek has become a dominant a paradigm in industrial design.




Perhaps the Revenge of the Nerds is finally complete. Well at least in the most important arena of counter top appliance design.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it, just as soon as I'm done washing my pocket protector.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!