Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Finally, Someone Shows Courage

Bwaaahaaaahaaaaa,

Against the president's objections,Congress tells bank executives to go bite themselves!

First,check out this diatribe from CSPAN.



In addition to a lot of noisy scolding, congress has actually done something about our president's demands that we must support these scumbags through the TARP.

Finally,someone has apparently stood up and written a law that will actually limit the rape of our tax dollars by overly gorged bank executives.

As a still loyal adherent to the cult of Obama,it's interesting that the Prez stood against this. the old Who lyric, 'Meet the new boss,same as the old boss' is every day playing louder in my head. I am starting to struggle with some cognitive dissonance here.

My favorite comments from those who fear the poor executives will be underpaid is the 'There will be a brain drain in the banking industry' whinge. If what we've seen is the product of the industry's best and brightest, perhaps these brains need to be sent down the drain (what kind of financial genius gives mortgages to families with no income,anyway?). The last time I checked, there was no shortage of smart people willing to work for the grossly inadequate sum of $500,000 per year.

This brings up an interesting question; What good are banks if they are nearly insolvent and no one trusts them? I wish someone would answer that question before pouring even more billions into these dysfunctional organizations.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!