Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

For John Milton’s 400th Birthday




Four hundred years before this day, twelve nine,
A man was born to write of heav’n and hell.
John Milton, Poet of Puritan revolt,
Invented Satan’s fall from Grace to Hell.

A protestant whose myth survived the years,
A story told by nuns of Irish birth .
The Cath’lic view of Heav’n and Hell derived
From myth that hints at ills of Popes and Kings.

John Milton was born December 9,1608, thus spake Wikipedia.
Remember folks, you read it here first.


I don’t understand what happened to the parades and fireworks I was expecting. It must be the economy.


That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!