Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Monday, September 01, 2008

Shanghai Noon in Sacramento

We went to Gold Rush Days in Old Sacramento this weekend. We do this almost every year, since it’s fun to see people dressed to the height of 1850’s fashions, horses and all the historical recreation stuff.. E_Clampus_Vitus , and mountain man types in general were conspicuously absent. No Indians, either. However, one of the musicians who played hurdy gurdy looked like a clamper to me (Drunk guy with a long beard).

Every time we have gone, we always get the story from someone from the Sacramento Chinese American Council. I don’t know why this keeps happening to us. It feels like we’d be rude to cut anyone short, because they all seem so nice. The guy who pulled us in this time is the author of the book this website is pushing. I didn’t realize that until I looked at the picture on the website. Modest guy, I guess.

I suspect we get drawn in because we look like we’re both either dentists or accountants. The Chinese seem to have an affinity for those professions sin these parts

The folks in the society must have a huge need to tell the story, which is actually pretty interesting. Anyway, they gave me some dried plum candies that weren’t bad.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!