Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Gnocchi! Easier to make than to spell!

I had an urge to make Gnocchi last night. These turned out to be easy and good,although they don't make a striking photo.



Two large russet potatoes
1 Egg
1 cup flour
Salt and Pepper to taste

Peel and boil the potatoes until tender.
Drain and mash the potatoes in a mixing bowl.
Stir in the egg, salt, pepper and about ¾ of the flour.
Knead gently, adding flour as needed.
Roll into snakes, a la play dough, using flour to avoid stickiness.
Cut into 1 inch long segments.
Drop in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes, until the gnocchi float.
Remove with a slotted spoon.

I served the gnocchi in bowls in a light broth:

Olive oil
Minced garlic
Chopped fresh parsley,or whatever herb flops your mop.
1 cup chicken bouillon

Sauté garlic and parsley in some olive oil.
Add the bouillon and heat until simmering.

Serve the gnocchi in bowls with the broth.

Bon appetite!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!