Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Friday, February 18, 2005

Streetcorner Sermon

Today’s Bible quotation is Matt 19:24. For those of you who don’t carry bibles along at all times (i. e., the soon to be left behind) I’ll give you the verse, straight from Jesus’s mouth to my blog, thanks to the King James Bible. It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. The word of the lord, Thanks be to God. Jesus said this, when he was angry at a rich guy who wouldn’t become poor and join with the disciples. Having been Jewish all my life, I had never imagined Jesus to be such an angry grouch! Amazing what you can learn by looking at the bible. I wonder why self-identified fundamentalists don’t do this more often. I guess the fact that the word “rapture” never shows up would prove disappointing. What really scares me about rapture is the fate of us unbelievers – a bunch of naked fat Midwesterners will float in the sky for many days and (ghasp) we’ll have to see them. Maybe that’s not so bad; I went to the coast to see whales float around and enjoyed it. Rapture aside, what was I talking about?

Oh, yeah, the Bible quote. I think it is pretty self-explanatory, as rare as that is in scriptures. You can’t get salvation by gathering enough stuff. Enough will never be enough. You’ll have to get enough stuff and then find something else to gain your salvation. I strongly suggest you begin this mystical journey by donating all your worldly possessions to this blog.

Getting back to the mundane, winter weather is back, I am making borscht for dinner. Soup season has returned. The big news on the radio is about the FDA’s review of Vioxx and its class of pain relievers. The special committee reviewed the dangers of these drugs to the public against the profitability of these drugs for the pharmaceutical industry. Guess what they decided?

That’s the truth, and I’m sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!