Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Monday, August 30, 2010

GodzillaPERS Attacks Sacramento

I thought this was pretty clever.

Although this may be the work of a bunch of idiots with the suckiest website I've seen in years, it provides the best short explanation of one major element of California's fiscal disaster. They failed to mention that 25 years of cutting taxes to corporations and rich individuals while increasing subsidies to the rich and corporations and almost everyone else might have something to do with going broke.





We could recruit Gamron, Mothra and the gang to play the Welfare Monster, the MediCal Monster , the Corporate Subsidy Monster, etc. the list just goes on and on.

As long as State and local Government operates on what I call "Sacramento Compromise" paradigm, these problems will not go away.

The Sacramento Compromise defined:

You want to cut taxes for your priveleged supporters.

I want to provide generous financial subsidies to my constituencies.

Let's do both and let a lobbyist buy us drinks!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!