Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Monday, July 12, 2010

Homeopathic Humor Comes in Small Doses

"Le canard, Il dit quain, quain." means "The duck says quack, quack" for you Anglophile peasants.

I have always gotten a kick out of Homeopathy. I agree that's a strange place to find your kicks. But if the shoe fits. ..

What I love about Homeopathy is that the practice is based on a paradigm that I would describe as pure sophistry, and the practitioners are quacks. That said, these folks can be pretty entertaining.

My favorite story, which I won't bother documenting comes from the recent British trail "concluded that homeopathy is no more effective than placebo". A BBC interviewer asked how many homeopathic medicines can work when they are so dilute that they cannot possibly contain a single molecule of the active ingredient.

The Homeopathic practitioner quacked back something like ; "Well, you see,the nature of the pure water is changed." I love magik too!

I promised a joke, so here's the joke:


OK, you got your joke. Now Laugh, Dammit!!

BTW I spent Sunday afternoon with Hangininsac's official Brooding Dutchman. Expect a deep thoughts posting soon. You've been warned.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!