Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 08, 2010

Grateful Dead Giants of San Francisco

This rare video, taken in 1993 at Candlestick Park, combines two of the best things about San Francisco, The Grateful Dead and the Giants. Two bad both institutions are in an equally moribund state these days.



This is one of the better live renditions of the Star Spangled Banner I have heard in a long time. After hearing this, I have to ask, "So how come the Dead's singing usually sucked so bad in their concerts?"

The announcer's comment at the end is an unexpected bonus. "How'd (they) get the Grateful Dead? They just asked for them." Worthy of Lao Tzu.

That's my story and I'm sticking ot it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!