Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

IT'S MORNING IN AMERICA! For Real This Time

So, who's a "Real American" now? I AM,DAMMIT! No more stale, rotten left-over culture wars. The voters said we're done with that. Time to look toward the future.



On the mundane side, I love having a skinny intellectual president. That's a bonus.

McCain's very eloquent Speech came on the radio as I was driving home from teaching, through what was,until yesterday, staunchly Republican conservative territory (the home of shamed Rep. John ‘deep doo’ Doolittle). I totally lost it, and drove home with the windows open and horn honking, stopping several times to share the news with pedestrians at lights and bus stops. Tears of joy, there were actually tears everywhere.

BTW - that is the best speech I've heard from McCain in a long time. Sounds like he's already quit drinking the Kool-Aid. I am glad he has three years left in the Senate. I always liked him, but he seems to have fallen in with a bad crowd lately. Perhaps he'll dig deep and find his true self once again.

"My Dad’s comment last night was the best I heard. He and my Mom called my sister at 10pm after it was called for Obama, and he said 'If any of the people I knew in Virginia are still alive, they just died'.'

That'smy story and I'm sticking to it

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!