Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

It's All About Me, Me, Me

It’s time to catch up with news about me from the New Year. After all, it’s all about me.

Readers, if you are looking for my thoughtful and insightful political commentary, look at Jesus and Jobs in this blog. For those who understand that what happens to me is what’s most important in this world, read on.

My dad got through his heart surgery over the holidays. He is home and resting. This was really scary. In my next incarnation, I want to live free from sickness, like the Elves in Lord of the Rings. However, I would probably be the butt-ugliest elf of them all. Maybe I could be called Uglibastard. I’ve been doing OK myself, but I don’t know if I will ever reach 100%. I still always have a stomachache. Enough complaining.

I have my first math tutoring classes on Thursday. I have classes from 3:30 to 8:00 PM. Three classes of 90 minutes each. I spent some time reviewing High School textbooks. Thrilling. I think I have it all solid except I didn’t bother memorizing all the trig identities and the general formulas for conic sections. Geometry was the most fun review, the other stuff was a drag. Trigonometry is no longer a separate course, and what was called College Algebra or Algebra 2 is now called pre-calculus. I wouldn’t have chosen that name.

Kathleen is back at work at the City. She claims she killed the computer today. Their system dies almost weekly, it is like a lottery to find out who’s application I guess Kathleen won this week. Their next holiday is ML King’s birthday in January. They get President’s day in February, followed by Cesar Chavez’s birthday in March. I suggested they should also get Eamon DeValera’s (Ireland’s first president) birthday on October 14. We’ll see, but for now, I will boycott all States that do not this recognize this holiday.

It’s still raining here in Sacramento, time to build an ark.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!