Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Friday, January 14, 2005

Let's Get to the Point Here

Got a cold today, feeling pretty sick, not much to do. Today's entry is some of everything.

I had more students yesterday, and teaching was fun. I can verify that I found absolutely no evidence of weapons of mass destruction in the classroom or on the students’ persons. In addition, I refrained from torturing students, although certain acceptable methods of persuasion were necessary to extract needed information (e.g., determine the length of the third side of this triangle). Given the vital and timely nature of this needed information, I did use forceful persuasion. It's OK, since no student suffered major organ failure (yet).

The kids all behaved and I got to hear all sorts of gossip from several local high schools. Man oh man, discipline at parochial schools around here sounds pretty strict. It’s not too hard to get expelled from Christian Brothers. One of my students won a jacket as a prize in an internet PC gaming tournament. What in the world can I teach a kid like that?

Local political wire – I am disappointed in our own recently departed Congressman Robert Matsui. His widow is now running for his seat in Congress. He ran in last November’s election with full knowledge of his terminal condition. Therefore, it seems he ran solely so his wife could inherit his seat. Since when are congressional seats considered community property? I hate to say it, but I hope the local Republicans come up with a surprise candidate who wins this seat. That is not so far out in left field, since Ms Matsui has some stain on her hands from questionable fund raising activities while she worked for the Clinton administration. Remember the Chinese monks scandle, that’s our girl!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!