Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Actuaries are WAY More Interesting Than You'd Think

Thus spake the New York Times:

"Removal of Leader Stirs Anger Over Dealings of Actuary Group "

This article is worth reading. For maybe five minutes reading time you'll enjoy enough juicy stuff to fill a racketeer-style mystery novel. These gems are just a small sample:

"the public face of a behind-the-scenes profession.. . in disarray"

"trying to conceal . . . an unpleasant secret from his past"

"a onetime convicted felon"

"his opponents had tried to use unflattering and irrelevant information to blackmail him"

"Angry and incredulous actuaries. . . proposed a coup of sorts".

Gadzooks, people, you can't make stuff like this up. Trust me, there's even better stuff in the times. I will not reveal any more information here, but the NYT gives you the stark naked details.

Who'd have thought "Actuaries in the News" could be so exciting?

All I can say is, "What a wacky way to run a profession!".

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coming soon from Fox; a new reality show "Last Actuary Standing". The show will feature a group of 15 actuarys vying for the coveted post as president of the actuarial society. Each week will feature a different elimination challenge.

Steve said...

Maybe the last one to fall asleep from abject boredom will be the winner.

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!