Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Life and Times of an itinerant slacker in Sacramento. Thrills, Spills Galore coming soon. Not to mention lots of opinions.

Search This Blog

Monday, July 31, 2006

Readers Write - Introducing the Reverse Fibonacci

A reader sent me the following two Fibonacci haikus. Note the introduction of the “reverse fib” structure.

I
wait
to leave
stark boring
cubicle of doom.
Cool beer, warm circle of friends - soon.
Time creeps too slowly.
I dread each
minute
left
here.

The next work is attributed to my reader’s friend who will remain anonymous, because he recently changed his first name. I have not seen him since the change, and I can’t remember his new name (my apologies to Mr H).

I
work
because
so far no
lottery ticket
with winning numbers has been found
in my possession.
How unfair.
I grieve
for
me.


“Dear Reader”, as Miss Manners and English students in Korea say, provided the first seven lines of the next haiku, and I provided the rest.

It
is
hot here
and I must
rehydrate often
or I melt like warm Velveeta
on the dashboard of a pickup in a Walmart lot
an “Inconvenient Truth” melts me,
my brain, an ice cube,
liquid in
the hot
sun’s
rays.

That’s
My
Story
and I am
sticking
to
it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was sharing some of that fibbing with your reader (and thus I become one of your readers). After she introduced me to the form, I tried my hand at something other than paeans to beer: contact improv dance.

-Soft
-Slow
-Lanquid
-Sensual
-Alternating with
-rapid transitions; sudden falls,
-invigorating transitions of weight on the fly.
-Both dancers listening to the voice of the other's body; each whisper, each shout.
-Dance of life with no beginning and never ending
-Embracing the force of chaos
-riding the moment
-back down to
-stillness
-quiet
-breath

Steve said...

Great to hear from you, Nataraj. Maybe I'll see you at the Great Dane later this month. Fortunately, the West Coast Micro-brew "movement" has made it out to Sacramento. However, as success creeps in, some brewers, such as Pyramid, are so large, they stretch "micro" to its limits. California has given me agreater appreciation for wine, but I enjoy beer. I have also found beer to be a good digestive tocin.

Steve said...

Ouch, I meant tonic.

About Me

My photo
I must enjoy shouting into a vacuum, but I think about getting my act together one of these days. My mom says I am very handsome and intelligent.

Blog Archive

Play Super Chick Sisters!